AnarchoCyphertopian technologies (wasRE:[extropy-chat] Reccommendations for a mailing list)

spike spike66 at comcast.net
Sat Feb 12 00:17:50 UTC 2005

>  Dirk Bruere
> And nobody has any idea what people and companies use spammers?
> Don't they actually include some contact details in their spam, or have
> I missed something?

Few of them make it that easy for countermeasures.
If the spammers actually supply *any* contact info,
even a non-toll-free number, we proles could slam
it using our left over free telephone minutes at
the end of the month.  Any e-mail @ in spam would be
crammed with phony orders.  Any snail mail @
in spam would likely be a dangerous place to live
for some time after.

Consider the Got Milk ad campaign.  It is the first
of its kind that I recall: advertise the product
without regard to brand name, paid for by a coalition
of producers.  The notion then is that all producers
will profit by increased sales of that product, in
this case milk.

Regardless of what we do, we will still likely get
slammed by Got Milk type spam, which doesn't require
any contact details.  What has puzzled me is that
the jesus-is-coming crowd never figured out the
use of spam, or haven't used it as far as I know.