[extropy-chat] Drake Equation nitpicking

Mike Lorrey mlorrey at yahoo.com
Tue Feb 15 19:41:04 UTC 2005

--- "kevinfreels.com" <kevin at kevinfreels.com> wrote:

> One thing has consistently bothered me about the simulation argument.
> Is there any reason to think that there is a difference between
> simulation and reality to begin with? In a simulation that is done
> correctly, isn;t the difference small enough to where it doesn't
> really matter which you are in? If so, why waste valuable mental
> energy on pondering such questions? If not, why not?
>
> Keep in mind, I may be part of the simulation and may have been told
> to ask those questions. :-)

Spike asked some very good questions that can be answered by the
simulation argument but not by the atheist uberdeterminist. These are
all really questions of cosmology which likely have no practical
application beyond how we look at the universe and our place in it.

It's also fun to watch self described alleged 'rationalists' and
'scientists' here put their hands over their ears and shout "I'm not
listening, neener, neener."

=====
Mike Lorrey
                                      -William Pitt (1759-1806)