[extropy-chat] coral reefer madness

spike spike66 at comcast.net
Thu Feb 17 04:04:32 UTC 2005

And can durn near get you executed in some parts of the country.

> If you make the reef from factory-farmed trees or junk such as California
> Eucalyptus, that's a win...

Thats what I had in mind, eucalyptus.  Grows fast.

> Of course we should cover the trees or bundles paper in recycled
> plastic. That ends up sequestering the carbon for a good long time.

Possible I suppose but unnecessary.

> There is one teensy problem to solve here: artificial reefs are made out
> of stuff that sinks, not stuff that floats...

Ja but a teensy problem indeed.  Tie something heavy,
cheap and plentiful to the base of the trunk, such as
a large piece of stone.  After a few years, the weight
of the coral might suffice to sink any branches that
break off.