SCOTUS rulings and replacements Re: [extropy-chat] finding old (and new) sf

Brett Paatsch bpaatsch at bigpond.net.au
Sun Jul 3 01:44:03 UTC 2005

Joseph Bloch wrote:

> One word of caution to those who might be interested in doing the same;
> with the recent SCOTUS rulings about copyright and such, it might be
> worthwhile to retain some sort of proof of right to own such digital
> copies.
>
> I will probably be keeping the covers in a box, against the day the
> Copyright Enforcers come to my door.

What SCOTUS ruling is that Joseph ?

Brett Paatsch

I'm boning up my Australian-based understanding of the SCOTUS, now
that Sandra Day O Connor has retired and President G W B will get a
shot at first her replacement and then likely, pretty soon given his health
and age, Rehquirst's) ?

Also, when reading about possible replacement justices I see that liberal
and conservative are talked about as if those categories are opposites.
Is that the case in the US?