[extropy-chat] feeling more better

Mike Lorrey mlorrey at yahoo.com
Sat Jul 9 22:32:51 UTC 2005

--- Samantha Atkins <sjatkins at mac.com> wrote:

> If I were to express my abhorrence in a similar way then I would wish
> that you and those who agree with you would be at ground zero if such
> a thing was done.  But since I understand what you apparently miss I
> would not wish that on you.  What you are missing is that all "those.
> people" are all potential immortals.  Exactly why do they deserve to
> miss eternity for some real or imagined stupidities of their
> (relatively) *very* early childhood?

It appears here, Samantha, that you now contradict your reaction to
Robert Bradbury a while back when he expressed similar sentiments about
the deaths of millions due to ignorance and superstition.

Of course they could miss eternity because of their own mistakes. Maybe
they should, that is the point of evolution: to weed out the unfit. How
does the transhumanist movement expect the Singularity to be an
evolutionary step upward if we bootstrap every idiot and moron? I have
no problem with an entrance exam to posthumanity.

Mike Lorrey
                                      -William Pitt (1759-1806)
Blog: http://intlib.blogspot.com