[extropy-chat] Politics: Cooper says Rove was leaker

Mike Lorrey mlorrey at yahoo.com
Tue Jul 19 12:52:38 UTC 2005

http://www.theaustralian.news.com.au/common/story_page/0,5744,15975863%255E601,00.html

> ' Cooper said Mr Rove told him that Mr Wilson's wife had worked at
> CIA
> on weapons of mass destruction issues and ended the call by saying:
> "I've said too much."
>
> [Cooper] wrote : "Was it through my conversation with Rove that
> I learned that Wilson's wife worked at the CIA ...? Yes. Did Rove
> say that she worked at the 'agency' on 'WMD' ? Yes. Is any of
> this a crime? Beats me."   '
>

> So Rove and 'Scooter' Libby are apparently the leakers, but what
> national interest if any was served by their leaking?  Just political
> payback?
>
> What crime if any was committed and what does it matter if
> President Bush can just pardon them anyway?
>
> Interesting.

Yes. One does wonder what Ms. Plame was thinking when she specifically
recommended her husband to do the company's business in Nigeria.
Technically, since he went there on CIA business, his public disclosure
of his work was also a violation of national security, unless his
article was cleared with the CIA first, however one wonders if she
recommended him specifically so that she could trust she would get the
result she was looking for. It seems to me that that was the spin that
Rove was trying to put on Wilson's story: that it was rigged by insider
nepotism and can't be trusted. Wilson and Plame seem to me to be
players who are working the system

Mike Lorrey
                                      -William Pitt (1759-1806)
Blog: http://intlib.blogspot.com