[extropy-chat] ET is a Bacterium was Dark Matter and ET.

Lifespan Pharma Inc. megao at sasktel.net
Wed Jul 20 13:50:51 UTC 2005

I still find it still ironic  that we still learn as much from
observation of and recombination from novelty in nature as from
pure original science.  Not to detract from the art of building with
legos VS the designing of lego systems from atoms
but it appears that the IC is one of the few really novel things we have
come up with and that is what we are good at and therefore that is where
our success lies.

Learning how to create computational strings and recognize computational
signatures seems to be our purpose as a species.
The singularity will be both a celebration and something of a
disappointment because it must be assumed until known otherwise
that the rate of novelty will slow down unless the "wall" we hit drops
to reveal yet more new opportunities for
exploration of change.

The redesigning of consciousness as we know it as we evolve into a more
stable bioform is maybe OK enough
for stage we are at..... it was the magic and myth of eons of
civilization and now is the job at hand.