[extropy-chat] Gay marriage in Spain, a world of change

Matthew Gingell gingell at gnat.com
Wed Jul 20 23:37:10 UTC 2005

On Jul 20, 2005, at 6:50 PM, David Lubkin wrote:

> I have a few ideas on the subject, though, which will become an op-
> ed piece or short story at some point.

If you believe in materialism then none of the implications of this
scenario are very novel or interesting: If your identity is material
all the way down then we can imagine pills that would turn you gay or
straight or Hindu or anything else. If such technology became a
reality then people would make various difficult to anticipate
choices, some unforeseeable equilibrium would obtain, and the social
conservatives would flip out about it.