[extropy-chat] Glad to be back

The Avantguardian avantguardian2020 at yahoo.com
Mon Jul 25 00:42:06 UTC 2005

--- david stiger <stiger420 at hotmail.com> wrote:

> Thanks to Gary Miller for this reply.  The responses
> I recieved have not
> shaken my ideas and I am glad to know I am not the
> only one of us who thinks
> that there is something sinister going on "behind
> the scenes" in the
> politics of the United States.
>
> <Avantguardian>
> For example, why would you need to think that Bush
> was a member of some
> secret society in order to cause all the misery he
> has?
> <Gary Miller>
> It is more comforting for me to believe in an evil
> club creating a puppet
> than a
> country that would select him of their free will!

Welcome back, Dave. Ok, I am willing to entertain the
possibility of Bush being involved in a conspiracy.
The Masons don't make a lot of sense for it though.
You can't have a conspiracy of thousands, it just
doesn't work. Skull and Bones at Yale University (a
fraternity whose house looks like a mausoleum) makes a
lot more sense in this regard. They are supposedly a
recruiting grounds for the upper escalons of the
military/industrial/intelligence complex.
      It is rumored that they bear some resemblance to
a necromantic cult of death worshippers but I doubt
that their members take their own propaganda
seriously. The symbol of the skull and bones itself
(the jolly roger) is ancient Egyptian in origin being
the bones of Osiris, god of the dead, but obviously
the college fraternity has no connection to ancient
Egypt.
     The important things that I can gather from
research of this highly secretive (all college
fraternities are) organization is:

1. They have recently allowed women in their ranks
making them less like a fraternity and are now instead
a co-ed organization.
2. They enforce secrecy amongst members by requiring
them to divulge secrets or perform acts that are of a
nature capable of being used in blackmail.
3. John Kerry who also went to Yale could very well be
a member.

Now while I agree that this is a very select elite
club, I don't know if it is necessarily a conspiracy.
No more than all the wars and intrigues of the middle
ages in Europe was the result a "conspiracy" between
the royalty of the various countries of Europe. The
over-class has always cooperated with one another to
keep the under-classes subdued, this is not an
organized conspiracy, it is just an aspect of
maintaining power. Powerful people make alliances and
break them as the wind blows. No conspiracies, just
the political game. One of the oldest games in the
world.

The Avantguardian
is
Stuart LaForge
alt email: stuart"AT"ucla.edu

"The surest sign of intelligent life in the universe is that they haven't attempted to contact us."
-Bill Watterson