[extropy-chat] Why I am No Longer a Libertarian Either...

Mike Lorrey mlorrey at yahoo.com
Fri Jul 29 02:50:14 UTC 2005

--- The Avantguardian <avantguardian2020 at yahoo.com> wrote:

> --- Brent Neal <brentn at freeshell.org> wrote:
>
> > The point I'm making is that its generally a Bad
> > Idea to put arbitrary government controls on these
> > sorts of things.
>
> I am not calling for arbitrary controls, I am calling
> for rational controls.

Who decides what is rational? Who decides what to do with the excess?
You want that money wasted by GOVERNMENT on stupid, wasteful, and
unproductive luxuries for bureacrats, instead of the kids for whom
their parents slaved to earn their fortunes? If I ever manage to pile
up massive wealth, once I figure out what to do with most of it for
posterity, and assuming I don't achieve immortality myself, I sure as
hell would rather that it be wasted by my hypothetical kids and
grandkids than some bastard bureaucrats or friggin Senator.

Mike Lorrey
                                      -William Pitt (1759-1806)
Blog: http://intlib.blogspot.com