[extropy-chat] Euphamism and reality.

Dirk Bruere dirk at neopax.com
Wed Jun 1 03:20:25 UTC 2005

Samantha Atkins wrote:

> It was not a reasonable usage when you include the context and
> recognize the usage prejudices the mind toward seeing abortion as
> murder.

Since when is calling abortion murder a 'prejudice'?
It seems like most people have made a judgement on the matter, not a
pre-judgement.
Unless, of course, you would not correct me if I said you had a
prejudice against mass shootings of people into ditches as part of a
law'n'order campaign.
'Prejudice' assumes that the person against whom the charge is made has
not examined the facts and that when they do they must inevitably come
to the same conclusion as you on emotive issues.
It ain't so.

--
Dirk

The Consensus:-