[extropy-chat] Euphamism and misspellings.

Russell Wallace russell.wallace at gmail.com
Sat Jun 4 09:12:35 UTC 2005

On 6/4/05, Brett Paatsch <bpaatsch at bigpond.net.au> wrote:
> The use of pejorative terms in an ethical discussion is also
> provocative, it is not however provocative in a good way,
> its provocative like poking your finger in the other persons
> eye is provocative. Its not thought provoking or 'light shedding'
> but it is heat provoking to use the word child in such a way that
> an early stage embryo falls into the same class as a one year
> old infant.

And your use of phrases like 'clump of cells' to refer to an early
stage embryo isn't provocative? Give me a break. Argue your position
if you must (not that anything will or can be said on the topic of
abortion that hasn't been said a million times already, so rehashing
it on this list is a waste of bandwidth), but don't insult everyone's
intelligence by pretending you're somehow being more rational than
your opponents.

- Russell