[extropy-chat] Fear of flying

kevinfreels.com kevin at kevinfreels.com
Mon Jun 13 07:16:10 UTC 2005

I can see that. What I read was "wings ripped off at the root" which to me
meant that there was no source of lift except for the fuselage which has no
control surfaces.

As for the Airbus, I think there were two different incidents. That jet
without a rudder still leaves the CP behind the CG. It is designed that way.
Of course, it was never designed to be flown without the tail entirely which
happened in a separate incident.