[extropy-chat] Professor Being Sued Over Anti-Aging Comments

Mike Lorrey mlorrey at yahoo.com
Tue Jun 21 17:24:23 UTC 2005

--- Brent Neal <brentn at freeshell.org> wrote:

>  (6/21/05 8:29) Mike Lorrey <mlorrey at yahoo.com> wrote:
>
> >No, Bill, they don't. You don't have a right to safety when you
> engage
> >in commerce ignorantly, just as you don't have a right to police
> >protection. Who says you shouldn't live in a world full of
> fraudsters
> >if you don't take your personal responsibility to litigate against
> >those who defraud you? Most infomercials on tv today are frauds or
> >scams: weight loss products, cheap exercise machines, beauty
> products.
> >Frauders abound in the email world.
>

> Of course, you discount the cost of all of this.  Not in terms of
> 'chilling effect,' but in terms of precious, valuable time.  How on
> earth am I supposed to have time to contribute in a meaningful
> economic way when I'm in court battling everyone under the sun.
>
> This particular vision of "Libertarian Utopia" seems particularly
> stupid to me.

It is only the lack of legal knowledge here that expresses stupidity.
As previously stated, class action lawsuits abound in the present day,
and 99.999% of class members never set foot inside a court room, so
your claim that you'd be spending time in court is ludicrous and is
itself a scam...

Mike Lorrey
                                      -William Pitt (1759-1806)
Blog: http://intlib.blogspot.com