Iraq and legality again Re: [extropy-chat] Professor Being Sued Over Anti-Aging Comments

Mike Lorrey mlorrey at yahoo.com
Wed Jun 22 21:40:53 UTC 2005

--- giorgio gaviraghi <giogavir at yahoo.it> wrote:

> when the US invaded Panama to get hold of Noriega,
> nobody said a word
> With Saddam is the same case with the only difference
> that the situation  was badly mismanaged and went out
> of control
> In neither cases the US had any right to intervene but
> they did.

This is also wrong, incorrect, not in accordance with the facts. There
had a been an election. Noriega lost. Noriega refused to admit defeat,
had his forces beat up and imprisone those who protested (and shot a US
military officer). The winner fled the country and requested our
assistance in restoring the rightfully elected government to power.
Under the Organization of American States Charter, the US government
was bound to do so for a co-signatory government. These are the facts.
I know from personal experience. To claim otherwise is to perpetrate a
fraud for the sake of anti-US propaganda.

Stop it.

Mike Lorrey
                                      -William Pitt (1759-1806)
Blog: http://intlib.blogspot.com