[extropy-chat] Iraq war legal?

Mike Lorrey mlorrey at yahoo.com
Thu Jun 23 15:56:24 UTC 2005

--- c c <beb_cc at yahoo.com> wrote:

>  Of course the war isn't legal but since international law is fuzzy,
> legality isn't the main issue, especially since 27 months have
> elapsed since Iraq was invaded. I don't know if the war is justified,
> however its opponents aren't convincing enough in their arguments of
> how America and the allies ought to cut their losses and exit. And
> besides, just as antiwar activists don't want anything to do with the
> Iraq war, some of us do not want anything to do with protesting that
> war.

The fact is that if the war were REALLY illegal, all the other nations
in the UN would be obligated to ally together to attack and defeat the
US. It has been two years with no response. The silence is your answer
as to the real legality, the precedent is set. Ultima Ratio Regum.

"CANNON - n. (KEH-nun) An instrument used in the rectification of
national boundaries."   - Ambrose Bierce

Mike Lorrey
                                      -William Pitt (1759-1806)
Blog: http://intlib.blogspot.com