[extropy-chat] Re: Iraq and legality again

Dirk Bruere dirk at neopax.com
Mon Jun 27 20:24:55 UTC 2005

Mike Lorrey wrote:

>--- Dirk Bruere <dirk at neopax.com> wrote:
>

>>Mike Lorrey wrote:
>>

>>>Most insurgents are not Iraqis.
>>>

>>http://www.defenselink.mil/news/Mar2005/20050327_316.html
>>March 27, 2005
>>"Speaking to CNN’s Wolf Blitzer in Mosul, Iraq, Army Gen. John
>>Abizaid, commander of U.S. Central Command, said most of the
>>insurgents in the country are Iraqis,"
>>
>>So, where are you getting your 'facts'? Fox news?
>>Here's a challenge for you - give us the official % of foreign
>>fighters in the Iraqi resistance according to prominent US sources eg
>>political, military etc
>>

>Sorry, I go by what the troops on the ground say. The ones that fight
>against US troops and are currently participating in negotiations with
>the US and Iraqi leaders to rejoin the political process are Iraqis.
>Those who car bomb Iraqis and kill Iraqi cops and soldiers are
>foreigners.
>
>While high level people on all sides tend to pin the number of foreign
>insurgents at 5% of all insurgents, a number primarily promoted by Red
>Crescent and Michael Moore, over 150 live foreigner insurgents have
>been captured to date. This number is contradicted by others claiming
>that 91% are foreigners:
>
>http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/1419250/posts
>http://www.nypost.com/postopinion/opedcolumnists/47795.htm
>
>WHOSE INSURGENCY?
>
>By MARK GOLDBLATT
>
>June 7, 2005 -- ACCORDING to the SITE Institute, a respected
>counter-terrorism organization, only 9 percent of suicide bombings
>sponsored in Iraq by Abu Musab al-Zarqawi are conducted by native
>Iraqis.

You claimed that most ****insurgents**** are foreigners - WRONG.
Your figures refer *solely* to suicide bombings (where enough is left to
make an ID).
Your rabid right propaganda stinks and if you think we're as stupid as
the people who lap up that crap you are badly mistaken.
The US is getting is ass kicked again and for good reason, and now Bush
is 'negotiating' and talking about 'withdrawal with honor'.
I've heard that kind of shit before, but you just seem to be a sucker
for it.
*All* figures point to the fact that the resistance is getting stronger
month by month, and if Bush tries anything against Iran and its nuclear
program you can bet that the relatively peaceful Shia in the South with
be joining in the ass kicking competition to make the current situation
seem like a picnic.

--
Dirk

The Consensus:-