[extropy-chat] Re: Iraq and legality again

Dirk Bruere dirk at neopax.com
Tue Jun 28 02:32:17 UTC 2005

The Avantguardian wrote:

>--- Dirk Bruere <dirk at neopax.com> wrote:
>

>>You claimed that most ****insurgents**** are
>>foreigners - WRONG.
>>Your figures refer *solely* to suicide bombings
>>(where enough is left to
>>make an ID).
>>

>Hey fellas. You guys are having an argument about
>estimates made through the fog of war. They are
>unreliable at best. Think about taking the average of
>the figures insetad any one figure or other is the
>closest to the truth.

They are not unreliable when it comes to counting up captured and dead
enemy.
And 6.25% is not exactly close to Mikes statement of 'most' ie >50%

>>Your rabid right propaganda stinks and if you think
>>we're as stupid as
>>the people who lap up that crap you are badly
>>mistaken.
>>

>I don't think that partisanship is going to help the
>situation very well in Iraq. Mike is not rabidly
>right, his views are well thought opinions based on
>different assumptions. Just as my somewhat left views
>are. What's important to me is that the U.S. as a
>country handle Iraq correctly. The situation in Iraq
>is simultaneously a crisis and an opportunity rolled
>into one ball of wax. I don't think we are doing the
>correct thing there now but withdrawing from there too
>soon is definately NOT the correct thing to do.

Then stay and get kicked out.
A solid US defeat will make the world a better place.

>>The US is getting is ass kicked again and for good
>>reason, and now Bush
>>is 'negotiating' and talking about 'withdrawal with
>>honor'.
>>I've heard that kind of shit before, but you just
>>seem to be a sucker
>>for it.
>>

>Again? Tony Blair and the UK were part of the
>COALITION of the willing too if I remember it? Or was
>it the coalition of the winning and now that things
>aren't so great there, you guys want to take off
>running? You stand to benefit if we succeed. Indeed
>the entire civilized world does. But you don't want to
>help foot the bill. Typical. I don't like Bush either,
>but I am not going let my country cut off its balls
>just to be able to spite him.

I was one of the millions who demonstrated against the war. The biggest
demos in British history.
I'd like to see that arse licking poodle Blair hung from a lamppost.

>>*All* figures point to the fact that the resistance
>>is getting stronger
>>month by month, and if Bush tries anything against
>>Iran and its nuclear
>>program you can bet that the relatively peaceful
>>Shia in the South with
>>be joining in the ass kicking competition to make
>>the current situation
>>seem like a picnic.
>>

>Well then I hope that someone between Bush and the
>captains on the ground has a plan that's better than
>premature withdrawal. Does anybody know if they have
>any law-enforcement / espionage support there?
>Detectives are better at tracking people down in an
>urban enviroment than are marine grunts.

They got into this mess because through a combination of stupidity,
greed, and self righteous arrogance.
And your last post seemed to sum up the US attitude of sneering
condescension towards the insurgents. You forgot to mention that good
old standby of 'they are only blowing themselves up for the money'.
Every time I read a post like yours I feel like cheering those bodybags
flying to the US.
Hey - it's only a bunch of freakin ragheads - let's go kick some ass -
yeeehaaaaaaaw!
Almost every military defeat in history has been due to underestimating
the enemy. Wasn't the US supposed to have learned something from the
gooks and slopes, or Vietnamese as we used to call them?

I've read reports from US troops 'on the ground' and I don't believe the
US can maintain the current situation unless they increase the forces by
around 50%. The Iraqis are not going to be much use, not least because
the police and military are heavily infiltrated by insurgents. Hey -
wanna buy a second hand Iraqi M4 carbine? never fired and only dropped once.

--
Dirk

The Consensus:-
http://www.theconsensus.org