[extropy-chat] German diplomacy

Terry W. Colvin fortean1 at mindspring.com
Tue Jun 28 16:41:32 UTC 2005

Hubert Mania wrote:

>>FOR Hubert:
>>

>>June 17, 2005 DE GUSTIBUS What Was Served With Brunch Was Bile By BRET
>>STEPHENS
>>

>Terry,
>
>you are committing the mistake of confusing a German asshole diplomate with
>me, just because I am German citizen. I am protesting aganst a certain
>callous attitude towards the lives of innocent people. The people I address,
>happen to be US citizens who are posters on this list. That does not mean
>that I am blindly anti American. If German, French or Canadian citizens
>would exhibit such attitudes, I would attack them just the same.
>
>humania

Hubert,

I trust no one is blindly anti-American.  I meant this as only a
reference point.
This diplomat seems to follow a herd instinct developed by Schroeder in
his bid
to retain power.

There exists a strong anarchistic attitude amongst some people.  IMO,
this is a
bad approach to life.  If one expects perfection in every action in this
world
then not much would get done.  I'm reminded of Rumsfeld's "unknown
unknowns."
The course of history is randomly affected by inaction as well as by action.

Terry

--
"Only a zit on the wart on the heinie of progress." Copyright 1992, Frank Rice

Terry W. Colvin, Sierra Vista, Arizona (USA) < fortean1 at mindspring.com >
     Alternate: < fortean1 at msn.com >
Home Page: < http://www.geocities.com/Area51/Stargate/8958/index.html >
Sites: * Fortean Times * Mystic's Haven * TLCB *
      U.S. Message Text Formatting (USMTF) Program
veterans, Allies, CIA/NSA, and "steenkeen" contractors are welcome.]