[extropy-chat] DESIGN: WTC New Architecture

The Avantguardian avantguardian2020 at yahoo.com
Thu Jun 30 00:50:53 UTC 2005

--- Joseph Bloch <jbloch at humanenhancement.com> wrote:

> Personally, I prefer Donald Trump's idea to simply
> remake the towers,
> off the old footprints, one storey taller. (And, as
> more than one wag
> has put it, with surface-to-air missiles installed
> on the observation deck.)

I don't really think that surface to air missiles on a
building in a crowded area like Manhattan would be all
that great of an idea. Yeah, the people in the
building would be safe, but a burning fully fueled jet
liner crashing anywhere in Manhattan would have been a
disaster.

The Avantguardian
is
Stuart LaForge
alt email: stuart"AT"ucla.edu

"The surest sign of intelligent life in the universe is that they haven't attempted to contact us."
-Bill Watterson