[extropy-chat] Atheism in Decline

Dirk Bruere dirk at neopax.com
Thu Mar 17 18:59:58 UTC 2005

Joseph Bloch wrote:

> Dirk Bruere wrote:
>
>> The gestalt formed during a Ouija game is an emergent phenomenon
>> arising from the group interaction and can certainly pass the Turing
>> Test.
>> Gods ditto.
>> Of course, I could have been hallucinating when I thought I saw the
>> planchette spelling stuff out...
>

> More likely, you (or someone you were playing with) was moving the
> planchette, consciously or unconsciously.

*OF COURSE IT GETS MOVED UNCONSCIOUSLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!* -
that's the whole point.
It's called the ideomotor response.
And how likely is it that in *every* game of Ouija ever played someone
was *always* cheating?

> Your subconscious does not an "emergent phenomenon" deity make.

Mine doesn't - on its own.
But it does when many are involved in a cooperative enterprise.

--
Dirk

The Consensus:-
http://www.theconsensus.org