[extropy-chat] Atheism in Decline

Emlyn emlynoregan at gmail.com
Fri Mar 18 00:09:04 UTC 2005

> > More likely, you (or someone you were playing with) was moving the
> > planchette, consciously or unconsciously.
> >
> *OF COURSE IT GETS MOVED UNCONSCIOUSLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!* -
> that's the whole point.
> It's called the ideomotor response.
> And how likely is it that in *every* game of Ouija ever played someone
> was *always* cheating?
>
> > Your subconscious does not an "emergent phenomenon" deity make.
> >
> Mine doesn't - on its own.
> But it does when many are involved in a cooperative enterprise.
>
> --
> Dirk

This is starting to become more interesting, Dirk. I think the
religious rhetoric that you usually use, with the caveats of it being
metaphor, have made it hard to grasp what you are saying. The above,
however, seems to be a very straightforward statement about a belief
that groups of minds (literally) create epiphenomenal consciousnesses
which can then be physicially interacted with, via media such as
Ouija. Care to expound on it a little more? Also, if Damien is out
there reading this, does any of your research into psi phenomenon
overlap with this contention of Dirk's?

--
Emlyn

http://emlynoregan.com   * blogs * music * software *