[extropy-chat] A nonZen story (was: A Zen Garden)

Amara Graps amara at amara.com
Fri Mar 18 09:13:01 UTC 2005

spike,
you have some strange assumptions.

>Question: is there not an equivalent of Fry's
>Electronics in Italy, Germany, France?

Media World (Italy), MediaMarkt (Germany) (the same chain).
The Italian part doesn't carry Macs, I didn't check the
German one. I would need to spend more for an American
keyboard, if buying here too.

>Clearly in Amara's case, weeks of work my have
>been delayed for want of a computer that would be
>traded for three to five days of average wages.

My choice was spending 2-3 months of my salary for my work
computer buying in Europe or 1-2 months of my salary buying
in the U.S. so I chose the latter.

Amara