[extropy-chat] we're more of a con to ourselves than Enron

Al Brooks kerry_prez at yahoo.com
Fri Mar 18 20:02:07 UTC 2005

If freedom is so uber-important then why do we waste time hunched in front of a keyboard, tapping words into cyperspace that have no value in the sum total of things? Why do we spend so much time griping about how we don't have enough freedom when the time could be used to actually BE free? So many are waiting for their ship to come in, and when they reach retirement age they are old but "now I've got it made in the shade-- I'm in my Golden Years, with metamucil to push some of the dross out". Or a 60 year old baby boomer lady who dresses in teenage clothes and thinks, "I'm so young and pretty", when she's got jowls hanging off her face.
So, uh,  maybe we don't hold freedom as dear as we think we do?