///// [extropy-chat] ///// {META - Help re Browsers}

Hara Ra harara at sbcglobal.net
Sat Mar 19 18:40:29 UTC 2005

These days, every time I look at web sites, my machine gets loaded with an
insane amount of adbots and spybots, even on innocuous sites (hah!) like
dictionary.com. The last straw came when my Google Toolbar vanished, along
with the popup killer.

I've tried Mozilla, and it has two characteristics I loathe. First, I
couldn't get it to open new windows for each Google search items I click
on, so I often have to redo the search, second, Mozilla, like AOL, seems
set up to stick to the my system like glue or stepping on gum (or more
odious sidewalk stuff)

I'd like clues for a rather basic browser, one which will let me use
Explorer when I want its fancy features, but most of my browsing is fine
with no music, animations, etc, just static pages.

Any suggestions? And where to get them? Many thanks.

=     Gregory Herald Coresun     =
=           - nee -
=   Hara Ra (aka Gregory Yob)    =
=     harara at sbcglobal.net       =