[extropy-chat] Mars Colonies Coming Soon?

Joseph Bloch jbloch at humanenhancement.com
Sat Mar 19 03:14:19 UTC 2005

I'd hardly call a war that seems to have (granted, it's still early, but
the trend is there in Saudi Arabia, Lebanon, and Palestine) inaugurated
a "domino effect" of democratization across the Middle East "useless". I
would argue that is directly in the interests of the United States and
the planet as a whole.

Nonetheless, you make a good point about priorities. Perhaps if we
diverted the money (which is actually closer to $150 billion, not $300
billion-- see http://costofwar.com, but even that's misleading because
most of that money would have had to be spent anyway, even if the troops
were in Kentucky rather than Iraq, as part of normal expenses) from
something that was truly useless (some of those boondoggle scientific
studies that routinely make the news, for starters) into space
development, that would be a good thing...

Joseph

Enhance your body "beyond well" and your mind "beyond normal":
http://www.humanenhancement.com

New Jersey Transhumanist Association:
http://www.goldenfuture.net/njta