[extropy-chat] Atheism in Decline

Damien Broderick thespike at satx.rr.com
Tue Mar 22 06:58:52 UTC 2005

At 10:39 AM 3/18/2005 +1030, Emlyn wrote:

>This is starting to become more interesting, Dirk... seems to be a very
>straightforward statement about a belief
>that groups of minds (literally) create epiphenomenal consciousnesses
>which can then be physicially interacted with, via media such as
>Ouija. Care to expound on it a little more? Also, if Damien is out
>there reading this, does any of your research into psi phenomenon
>overlap with this contention of Dirk's?

Certainly some anomalies researchers would say so, at least in very broad
terms. See for example:

http://noosphere.princeton.edu/

Then there's the classic invocation, by a group led by Kenneth Batcheldor,
of an invented `ghost'. Have a Google.

Are such effects real and significant? I dunno. There's plenty more in Dr.
Dean Radin's forthcoming book ENTANGLED MINDS.

Damien Broderick

Kenneth Batcheldor
  of an invented ghost,