[extropy-chat] Re: Formulating a bet

Brett Paatsch bpaatsch at bigpond.net.au
Mon Mar 28 19:49:49 UTC 2005

Keith Henson wrote:

> Here is the way to structure winning or losing the bet.
>
> Brett signs up for suspension.  When and if he is revived, he is asked if
> he is the same person?  If he says yes, then Robin wins the bet.  If he
> says no, Robin loses the bet and the not-Brett thing that says no is
> immediately killed.
>
> [grin]

:-)

I don't know anyone healthy that wants to die. My bias is on the same
side as, I suspect yours, and Robin's on this Keith. And provided the
method of creation didn't land the not-Brett person in a world of
pain the not-Brett person would probably respond similarly to most
others in the face of Mafioso styles of truthseeking.

Cheers,
Brett