[extropy-chat] Mike, why bend over backward?

Al Brooks kerry_prez at yahoo.com
Wed Mar 30 13:56:23 UTC 2005

However divorce is also considered wrong by many.
Divorce would have been Michael Schiavo discarding his
wife. So Schiavo cannot win now and couldn't win back
in the '90s. Divorce his wife? He's a callous husband
(that is to say callous ex-husband). Give the
Schindlers custody of Terry? Then he would have
ignored his wife's wishes that she be terminated in
the sort of state she is in now-- assuming he is not
lying about her unwritten living will.
You can't even really accuse him of adultery, adultery
is 'cheating' on a spouse, but in her condition it
could be argued he isn't actually cheating since she
is unaware of his behavior, not to mention everything
else, and she cannot give him sex herself.
Mike you are usually fair, why are you bending over
backward for Terry, but are being so unfair to her
husband-- who is living a real life? I know you want
to err on the side of life, but...sheesh.