[extropy-chat] Creating Transhumanity

The Avantguardian avantguardian2020 at yahoo.com
Mon May 9 00:58:47 UTC 2005

--- Dirk Bruere <dirk at neopax.com> wrote:
> See the sigline for my first effort.
> For my second I'm writing a book on magick where the
> last chapter will
> be an analysis of Transhumanism as the modern day
> 'Great Work' of alchemy.
> I expect to be excommunicated from the list upon
> publication...

 I won't call for your excommunication because I know
better. Biochemistry can trace its roots back in an
unbroken chain all the way to the alchemists of
ancient Egypt. Hermes Trismejestus may have very well
been the world's first transhumanist. He did after all
publish some dozen books or so over a period of
several hundred years. Philosopher's stone, Elixir of
Life, Embryonic Stem Cells... all different facets of
the same jewel.

The Avantguardian
is
Stuart LaForge
alt email: stuart"AT"ucla.edu

"The surest sign of intelligent life in the universe is that they haven't attempted to contact us."
-Bill Watterson