[extropy-chat] A Chilling Thought.

Adrian Tymes wingcat at pacbell.net
Sun May 15 16:49:43 UTC 2005

--- The Avantguardian <avantguardian2020 at yahoo.com> wrote:
> Do you really think that the rich are this stupid?

> Or are your
> refering specifically to the "poor" religious right?

I was referring to neoluddites, most of whom do indeed appear to be
poor and/or religious and/or with the set of politics commonly
described as "right".  Those with significantly more wealth than
average appear, mostly, to be on our side if they've considered the
issue at all.  There are a few rich who fear science, and while these
few may give the appearance of wealthy allies, this is not the case in
truth.  Fear-motivated unpaid labor can do a lot of things that paid
labor can also do, and the former often cares about its work.  (The
problem, of course, lying in the type of work that fear can motivate
one to do...)