[extropy-chat] Bioethics Essay- Revised

Mike Lorrey mlorrey at yahoo.com
Tue May 24 04:22:54 UTC 2005

--- Samantha Atkins <sjatkins at mac.com> wrote:

> On May 23, 2005, at 11:36 AM, Damien Broderick wrote:
> >  Of course, this mental construct seems incoherent. How can
> > something with no palpable material reality supervene upon,
> > interact with, let alone command the physical body?
>
> Quite easily if the universe we inhabit is a sim and the soul is at
> the level of the sim implementation strata.  One would then I suppose
> consider murder as depriving the soul of an avatar within the sim.

Ah, Damien, you may be right that the soul has no mass, but it must
have energy, and it turns out that energy has mass based on the
frequency and amplitude. If the soul has information content, it must
have both frequencies and amplitudes....every christian quantum
physicist knows that.....

Mike Lorrey
                                      -William Pitt (1759-1806)
Blog: http://intlib.blogspot.com