[extropy-chat] On the Inevitability and Goodness of Superlongevity

Mark Walker mark at permanentend.org
Tue May 24 23:49:01 UTC 2005

In case anyone is interested, I've completed a draft of "Superlongevity: Is
it inevitable and is it good?" Here's the abstract:

To the extent that it is possible to predict the composition of the future
population of the world, I argue that the most likely scenario is that
(almost) everyone will choose to adopt technology to live hundreds of years,
perhaps indefinitely. Further, ethically speaking, this seems like the best
option for our world, for such a world is one where there is higher levels
of happiness and achievement.

Here's the full paper:

http://www.permanentend.org/InevitabilityOfUniversalImmortality.html

As always, comments welcome.