[extropy-chat] On the Inevitability and Goodness of Superlongevity

Damien Broderick thespike at satx.rr.com
Wed May 25 05:23:16 UTC 2005

At 07:49 PM 5/24/2005 -0400, Mark Walker wrote:

>In case anyone is interested, I've completed a draft of "Superlongevity:
>Is it inevitable and is it good?"

*Excellent* paper, Mark. Clearly written, well conceived, multidimensional.
Its only drawback is that it leaves out (presumably for tactical reasons)
any acknowledgement of the other immense changes and dislocations we must
expect during the next century or so, let alone the centuries beyond. But
readers who already strain at the feasibility of a healthy, youthful
superlongevity are not ready to think about the singularity. Good stuff.

Damien Broderick