[extropy-chat] Religion Rant

MB mbb386 at main.nc.us
Wed May 25 11:15:57 UTC 2005

Indeed there may be a kernel of truth in every myth. Yes, you are free
to investigate such things.

In the meantime, please do not overlook the threat to science that is
now alive and well in the USA - and, IIUC, migrating beyond its
borders to the Vardy schools in England and others like them
elsewhere.  Dover PA, Kansas, and Cobb County GA are not alone. To
teach disguised creationism *in the science class* at school and to
"let the students decide" is ... frightening.

Living in the Bible Belt has certainly worked me up into a spring
loaded anti-religious position on these things. Since my community is
also currently becoming a serious haven for New Age kooks, I'm having
a similar reaction there as well.

My religious rant comes down to a rather simple statement: just
because we do not presently know why/how something is/works/happened,
does not mean "god done it".

But I'm seeing just that every day in my part of the world.

Regards,
MB