[extropy-chat] Extropic Freedom and the Fate of Dissidents

Jeff Davis jrd1415 at yahoo.com
Tue Nov 1 23:46:55 UTC 2005

--- spike <spike66 at comcast.net> wrote:

> I am often seen going about with a bottle of
> distilled water and a SCUBA tank.  ...

> spike

Ripper: Have you ever seen a Commie drink a glass of
water?
Mandrake: Well, I can't say I have.
Ripper: Vodka, that's what they drink, isn't it? Never
water?
Mandrake: Well, I-I believe that's what they drink,
Jack, yes.
Ripper: On no account will a Commie ever drink water,
and not without good reason.
Mandrake: Oh, eh, yes. I, uhm, can't quite see what
you're getting at, Jack.
Ripper: Water, that's what I'm getting at, water.
Mandrake, water is the source of all life.
Seven-tenths of this earth's surface is water. Why, do
you realize that seventy percent of you is water?
Mandrake: Uh, uh, Good Lord!
Ripper: And as human beings, you and I need fresh,
pure water to replenish our precious bodily fluids.
Mandrake: Yes. (he begins to chuckle nervously)
Ripper: Are you beginning to understand?
Mandrake: Yes. (more laughter)
Ripper: Mandrake. Mandrake, have you never wondered
why I drink only distilled water, or rain water, and
only pure-grain alcohol?
Mandrake: Well, it did occur to me, Jack, yes.
Ripper: Have you ever heard of a thing called
fluoridation. Fluoridation of water?
Mandrake: Uh? Yes, I-I have heard of that, Jack, yes.
Yes.
Ripper: Well, do you know what it is?
Mandrake: No, no I don't know what it is, no.
Ripper: Do you realize that fluoridation is the most
monstrously conceived and dangerous Communist plot we
have ever had to face?

Best, Jeff Davis

"We call someone insane who does not believe as we do
          to an outrageous extent."
                     Charles McCabe