[extropy-chat] riots in france

Dirk Bruere dirk.bruere at gmail.com
Sun Nov 6 18:11:01 UTC 2005

On 11/6/05, Samantha Atkins <sjatkins at mac.com> wrote:

> Funny, I know quite a few well-integrated Muslims. Looking back in

Obviously.
If they weren't particularly integrated you wouldn't know them.
Let me guess - those Moslems were well educated middle class professionals?

history, riots, especially of the poor, are not generally religion-
> centric. These particular riots are not claimed, or led by any
> Islamic group. So is this a case of guilt by association and seeing
> evidence for what one already believes?
>
> It is evidence of a religiously (self) defined self ghettoising and
generally racially distinct underclass that may well be a permanent feature
of the European landscape.

Dirk