[extropy-chat] political ads on the phone

spike spike66 at comcast.net
Tue Nov 8 03:25:16 UTC 2005

There is a law in taxifornia that if the politicos
must tell who paid for any political advertisement.  The
law doesn't actually specify at what speed the "who-paid-
for-this" bit must be revealed.

Since we have an election tomorrow, I have been
finding ads on my answering machine every day.  This
evening I played back an ad from a sincere-sounding
surgeon explaining why a particular proposition will
help her poor patients pay for their meds.  Then it got
to "paid for by zippity yikkity yikkity yikkity..." like
an LP on 78 (ask your parents).  I listened to it about
four times.  It was so hilarious I will probably vote for
it just because they gave me a good laugh.