Jonathan Despres is a serious probelm wasRe: [extropy-chat] Please Join NanoAging...

Jeff Davis jrd1415 at yahoo.com
Tue Nov 8 03:54:31 UTC 2005

--- Damien Broderick <thespike at satx.rr.com> wrote:

> I pass along, with no comment, these posts from two
> of the experts listed at that site. Mr. Despres?

I, however, will provide a comment.

This is not easy for me.  Sending up a red flag with a
person's name one it.  Yet it appears to be necessary.

Jonathan Despres is the single most dangerous
individual to have invited himself into the
cryonics/transhumanist community, in the 8-9 years I
have been around.  Dangerous most particularly to the
cryonics enterprise.

http://www.cryonet.org/cgi-bin/dsp.cgi?msg=27334

The problem posed by Despres would be easier to deal
with if it was simply a case of a malicious
personality.  However, that's not the situation.
Rather it appears that Despres suffers from some sort
of mental problem.  From the link below, in is own
words:

"Because of my disease called Social Anxiety or Social
Phobia, I would need a telephonist. I hate to call
people over the phone."

http://groups.google.com/group/sci.cryonics/browse_thread/thread/fcd0dc764bb213e5/73e43e6c1fa37bb1#73e43e6c1fa37bb1

I suspect that his aberrant, destructive behavior will
only come to an end as a consequence of legal action.
Meanwhile, in an effort to minimize the damage he is
inevitably -- delusionally -- going to cause, I
recommend everyone be aware of the problem, and take
the time to inform anyone not already up to speed.

Jonathan Despres is trouble.  He has set up a
superficially impressive, yet vaporware website, and
is set on a course to screw over anyone who, unaware
of the mental aberration behind it, buys into the
seeming-legitimacy of his web activity.

This is no drill.

Jeff Davis