[extropy-chat] Seven cents an hour? (was: Riots in France)

John K Clark jonkc at att.net
Sat Nov 12 16:17:57 UTC 2005

"The Avantguardian" <avantguardian2020 at yahoo.com>

> Would YOU do the job for 7 cents an hour?

If I was currently making 6 cents an hour I would not only take the job  I'd
be dancing in the street with happiness at receiving a 15% rise, or I would
be if I wasn't too weak from hunger to do so.

 > you are treating others WORSE than you yourself
> would want to be  treated.

Yes that's true, your happiness is important but not as important as my
happiness. However there's nothing unusual about me, it's economic reality,
everybody wants to get on the best end of an economic transaction and raging
against that fact is about as useless as raging against gravity; instead we
can use that information to generate wealth for the entire world through the
free market. That's what Sam Walton did and I am convinced he created more
wealth, including wealth in the third world, than all the international aid
foundations in the world combined.

   John K Clark