[extropy-chat] Seven cents an hour? (was: Riots in France)

BillK pharos at gmail.com
Sat Nov 12 18:51:13 UTC 2005

On 11/12/05, John K Clark <jonkc at att.net> wrote:
> "BillK" <pharos at gmail.com>
>
> > Do you appreciate that Walmart is the biggest enemy that America has?
>
> I have been on this list for about 10 years and I believe the above remark
> is the single stupidest statement I have ever seen here, well....Ok, there
> was that fellow who said he could levitate the Great Wall Of China with
> Yoga, but it would certainly make the top ten list. And Mr. BillK a word
> of advice, you would gain more credibility on this list if you didn't
> mention that a Lyndon Larouche web page was the source of all your
> profound ideas.
>
>     John K Clark

Who's Lyndon Larouche?  I've never heard of him.
I was reading the message, not criticising the messenger.

But apart from him, there are many Walmart critics, websites, blogs,
news reports. Do some googling, if you are unaware of them.

Here is a Dems report on Walmart's low wages for example.
<http://edworkforce.house.gov/democrats/WALMARTREPORT.pdf>

And there is still the problem of much of USA production being moved
overseas and internal production facilities being shut down.
Production jobs being moved overseas to low wage economies is still a
problem, no matter the credentials of the person pointing it out.

BillK