[extropy-chat] Seven cents an hour? (was: Riots in France)

John K Clark jonkc at att.net
Sun Nov 13 05:38:24 UTC 2005

"BillK" <pharos at gmail.com>

> Who's Lyndon Larouche?  I've never heard of him.

Well that's a pity because you quoted from him extensively, and I think you
should know a little something about a webpage before you recommend it to
the list.  Lyndon Larouche is an ex-convict and anti- Semite and possibly
the biggest crackpot on the planet. Mr. Larouche thinks that Wal-Mart is the
biggest enemy that America has, he also thinks Queen Elizabeth II of England
promotes Satanism and is the biggest drug lord in the world. He thinks the
Queen uses the money from crack sales to finance genocide in the third world
by endorsing feminist and homosexual groups and abortion clinics. And
believe it or not Mr. Larouche thinks Queen Elizabeth II of England uses the
rest of her money to promote "the rock and roll counterculture". I am not
kidding.

Oh and Walter Mondale is a KGB agent, and Wal-Mart is the biggest enemy that
America has.. sorry I already mentioned that one, and we should use H bombs
in the mid east, and the space colony advocates in the old L5 society were
devil worshipers, and Aldous Huxley wrote his books on orders from the Queen
to corrupt America through "Asian religions" and ....

> But apart from him, there are many Walmart critics, websites, blogs

No shit Sherlock. Wal-Mart is big, and you can always find some jackass on
the net blasting something that is famous, rich, or big; but I'll let you in
on a little secret, not everything on the internet is true.

> Do some googling

Read some books.

> Here is a Dems report on Walmart's low wages for example [blah blah blah]

I want you to listen very carefully, it's really not that complicated, if
you think Wal-Mart's wages are too low THEN DON'T WORK THERE.

> And there is still the problem of much of USA production being moved
> overseas

WHAT?!! Make up your mind, one second you're weeping that rich countries
don't help the poor the next you want jobs in poor countries sent to rich
America.

John K Clark