[extropy-chat] Organ printing

Dirk Bruere dirk.bruere at gmail.com
Fri Nov 18 02:50:32 UTC 2005

On 11/18/05, Brett Paatsch <bpaatsch at bigpond.net.au> wrote:

> Dirk wrote:
>
> On 11/18/05, Brett Paatsch <bpaatsch at bigpond.net.au> wrote:
> >
> > Adrian Tymes wrote:
> >

> > You might think I'm pick on you. Well you composed the subject
> > header "Organ Printing", you advertised and I came to see, besides
> > you are pretty smart, you just might be able to do something with
> > a good question besides wet yourself.
> >

> I think 'organ regeneration' sounds far more feasible and nearterm.
>
> Dirk
>
> Why do you?
>
> Else who cares what sounds more feasible and near term to you?
>
> Are you analysing by reference to some relevant knowledge base
>
> that you can demonstrate or just guessing?

There's a vast amount of work being done on organ regeneration.
Just do a google search

Or if you want 'in your face' progress try
http://www.timesonline.co.uk/article/0,,2087-1754008,00.html

"The experimental animal is unique among mammals in its ability to regrow
its heart, toes, joints and tail. SCIENTISTS have created a "miracle mouse"
that can regenerate amputated limbs or badly damaged organs, making it able
to recover from injuries that would kill or permanently disable normal
animals.

The researchers have also found that when cells from the test mouse are
injected into ordinary mice, they too acquire the ability to regenerate."

Dirk