[extropy-chat] Organ printing

Dirk Bruere dirk.bruere at gmail.com
Fri Nov 18 04:27:47 UTC 2005

On 11/18/05, spike <spike66 at comcast.net> wrote:

> > bounces at lists.extropy.org] On Behalf Of Adrian Tymes
> > --- Brett Paatsch <bpaatsch at bigpond.net.au> wrote:
> > > Then I know you can't know and aren't reasoning on the matter.
> >
> > ...? This looks like an attempt to troll...
> >
> > > If my question is "Is Adrian dreaming" or alternatively "Does Adrian
> > > have a clue on this matter" then the test is best served by putting
> > > it to Adrian.
> >
> > As does this...
> >
> > Admins: if he responds with flaming, I leave the response to you.
> > Flaming and personal attacks are, of course, not tolerated per list
> > policy - but being the subject, I doubt I should be the one to
> > determine for certain if they are (even if I were an admin).
>
> While not particularly diplomatic, it is still short
> of flaming and direct personal attack. Guys, do be
> good to each other, we are all in this together. Brett
> no one here is presenting themselves as an expert in
> organ printing. Cool idea, hope they can work it out.
>
> We need another extro-schmooze. Adrian, Brett, I expect
> you guys would like each other in the flesh. Last time
> at extro5 I was amazed at how well some of the classic
> disagreers got along.

Well, google is your friend.
Enter "organ printing" and the first thing that comes up is
http://science.slashdot.org/article.pl?sid=05/11/07/2115235&from=rss

"*"Organ printing is an emerging branch of medicine which uses healthy cells
to repair a damaged or diseased organ. But as its name implies, this new
medical technology needs ink, paper and a printer. Now, a new
hydrogel<http://www.desnews.com/dn/view/0,1249,635158922,00.html>-- or
biopaper -- developed at the University of Utah has been selected by
the National Science Foundation (NSF) to speed up this process. This
five-year NSF study will initially try to print blood vessels and
cardiovascular networks. But its real goal is to build some complex organs,
such as livers or kidneys. This technology can potentially help millions of
people waiting for transplants.""

Dirk
*