[extropy-chat] Fwd: [agi] a2i2 news update: still looking for additional talent

Neil H. neuronexmachina at gmail.com
Fri Nov 18 05:41:04 UTC 2005

On 11/16/05, justin corwin <outlawpoet at gmail.com> wrote:

> It's frustrating, and definitely counter to my expectations that there
> should be so much difficulty in finding good people who want to join a
> project such as ours. Personally, the prospect of getting paid to do
> this kind of work was a major goal of mine since I first became an
> extropian, and began plotting my grand future plans.

Where have you previously advertised? I think this is the first I've heard
about such offers.

Also, while it's clear from your site that you have lofty goals, I have to
confess that it's somewhat difficult to get an understanding of what steps
you're taking to achieve those goals. Are there any intermediate products
you're planning on pursuing, or is everything banked on being able to
implement a Seed AI?

Other questions which come up while perusing the site: Has the company
published any research papers? Have any current employees published research
papers relevant to AI?

A final question left unanswered by the site: Why will you succeed in doing
something that so many others have tried and failed to do?

-- Neil