[extropy-chat] against ID

John K Clark jonkc at att.net
Sat Nov 19 16:42:01 UTC 2005

"Damien Broderick" <thespike at satx.rr.com>

> Krauthammer was offering the soothing bromide that religion has nothing to
> fear from science

I agree it is a bromide, and for Krauthammer to say Einstein was religious
because he would occasionally say things like "God does not play dice" is a
little like saying I'm religious because when I hit my thumb with a hammer I
say "God damn it". Nevertheless I'm pleased Krauthammer doesn't like (un)
intelligent design, it's more than I expected, Charles Krauthammer
recommends that scientists who save lives and relieve human suffering
through therapeutic cloning be put to death.

> Newton was *not* a supporter of the conventional state
> religion of his day

And if Newton had not keep his religious views secret he would have lost his
job and probably been imprisoned.

    John K Clark