[extropy-chat] against ID

The Avantguardian avantguardian2020 at yahoo.com
Mon Nov 21 17:31:40 UTC 2005

--- gts <gts_2000 at yahoo.com> wrote:

> Unlike its predecessor Creation Science, ID theory
> does have at least have
> the patina of real science. It seems to me that ID
> is a real threat to
> science education.

You know, I would not object so strongly to ID if it
was spun as a hypothesis rather than a full blown
theory. If they said it was a hypothesis, I would say,
"Fine... go do some experiments and show me your
results." But when they say it's a theory with no data
to back it up, it bugs me. Their only justification
seems to be gaps in our knowledge. All manner of
bizarre explanations could be used to fill those gaps
if imagination were to be given free reign. Perhaps
all of reality is just our collective consensual dream
and death is a rude awakening. Just my two cents. :)

The Avantguardian
is
Stuart LaForge
alt email: stuart"AT"ucla.edu

"If you fear death, you are not living right; if you don't want to live forever, you are not living well." - a sparrow outside my window.