TOP 2 IQ Percentile Re: [extropy-chat] Seven cents an hour?

David Lubkin extropy at unreasonable.com
Tue Nov 22 20:09:38 UTC 2005

I wrote:

>Although John Sununu, PhD in chemical engineering, NH Governor, and
>later Bush-1 Chief of Staff, had one of the highest recorded scores
>on the Langdon IQ test that appeared in Omni. Kevin is a diligent
>psychometrician; Sununu's score is at the 1 in a million mark,
>around an IQ of 177.

My posting was close enough for folk, but slightly inaccurate.

Sununu's high score was on the Ron Hoeflin's Mega test. I was
confused because Omni also printed Langdon's LAIT in a different
issue. Sununu's score of 44 put him at an IQ of 180 (or 5 SD, 1 in
about 3.5 million).

http://www.eskimo.com/~miyaguch/hoeflin.html

Curiously, his son, also an engineer and now US Senator from NH,
ranks as the most libertarian Congress critter, even past Ron Paul,
according to the Republican Liberty Caucus.

http://www.republicanliberty.org/libdex/li2004_over.htm

>Sen. John Sununu, NH: 89.5%
>Sen.. Saxby Chamblis, GA: 87.5%
>Rep. Ron Paul, TX14: 87.5%