[extropy-chat] Qualia Bet.

Brent Allsop allsop at extropy.org
Tue Nov 29 21:22:17 UTC 2005

gts,

Yes, I think we are very much in agreement with our philosophies.

But please don't say phenomenal properties are outside of "the sum of all
possible scientific knowledge" as this is clearly not true.  We can
theororise about and do experiments with our own minds and see what quale
result and so on.  Not to mention what will be possible once we start neural
hacking, observing, and effing.  This is all very real "GOOD OLD SCIENCE".
It's just that phenomenal properties cannot be adequately represented or
communicated via abstract system based purely on causal properties.  Most
traditional science to date only dealt with causal properties - but this is
now about to drastically change as we finally start to hack, theorize about
and experiment with our phenomenal consciousness.

Brent Allsop