[extropy-chat] Transhumanists' Needs

Jef Allbright jef at jefallbright.net
Tue Oct 4 05:52:34 UTC 2005

While I have some difficulty with the use of the term "transhumanism"
without being more specific as to its definition, I'll list some future
benefits I would like to enjoy:

Healthy lifespan extended indefinitely

Artificial immune system capable of detecting, reporting and neutralizing
most natural and artificial pathogens.

Memory augmented with high capacity storage implants, storage and retrieval
indexed by association with current attentional context together with past
experience. Also providing specific reference item lookup via
subvocalization linguistic user interface interface, and fulltime logging of
(at least) visual and aural sensory stream.

Full-time communication with the net via (at least) visual and aural virtual
reality implants.

Creativity augmentation utilizing the augmented memory and net access as
sources of algorithmically selected and timed, diversely related sensory
input.

Framework of socially constructed collaborative filters identifying and
notifying me of items of interest or utility on the net or within my local
sensory field.

Framework for collaborative project management in VR.

Framework for collaborative decision-making on issues of public policy.

These would go a long way toward getting me through the next thirty or so
years.

- Jef